Womenlines welcome Mrs Ritu Khanna , a Singapore based Homeopathic Practitioner as a guest writer for womenlines. In this article she is sharing about amazing benefits of Tulsi that how can such a small leaf of Tulsi can do wonders in curing some diseases!
Tulsi plant, an integral part of every Hindu home, has always been regarded as divine. Planting Tulsi/Basil in the courtyard of the house is a thousand of years old practise. Tulsi/Basil plant creates holy living in the home environment and its aroma in the air destroys disease causing bacteria and other toxins in the atmosphere.
Apart from the religious significance of Tulsi, it’s a great drug in itself from the standpoint of science. Homeopathy and Ayurveda consider this Holy herb as an elixir, a panacea, cures all, a sovereign remedy.
Atharva Vedas, the ancient scriptures of Hindu religion, narrates perpetual properties of Basil which means the Holy Herb helps beautifies human body, removes scars and spots and is a wonderful cure to skin related disease.
Homoeopathic View of Tulsi
Tulsi has acquired an eminent position in Homoeopathic world. Greatly beneficial in women disorders, headache, loss of memory, irritability in kids, redness of the eyes, allergies, runny nose, mouth ulcers, sore throat, burning, urination,fever, asthma and for many other chronic symptoms basil has been of great importance in homoeopathy. The 2nd,3rd, 6th, 30thand 200th Potencies have been used as advantage in all these diseases. Homeopathic cures for many diseases cannot be ignored.
Tulsi/Basil Herb to Cure Diseases-
Throat and breathing problems
- In cough and Sore throat keep the root of Basil plant in mouth.
- In respiratory diseases Basil leaves with Black salt gives a good relief.
- Chew Basil Leaves along with 4 roasted cloves to relieve cough.
Problem associated with fever
- In high fever, Chewing Tulsi Leave along with Honey every 3 Hours gives relief.
- Drinking Tulsi /Basil juice ,1 teaspoon everyday prevents fever.
- Tulsi and Ginger paste mixed with honey relives fever in cold.
- Taking 10 Tulsi leaves along with 4 Black Pepper relieves malarial fever.
Skin problems associated with the disease
- The medicinal properties of Tulsi juice contains Thaimol element which is beneficial in skin diseases.
- To treat Leucoderma by Tulsi leaves have been used successfully.
- Grind the roots of Tulsi and mix with water and add dry ginger .This mixture taken in morning helps in leprosy.
- Leprosy which may be affected by basil leaves. Eat and rub the juice on the affected spot.
- Tulsi Leaf paste applied on eczema is very beneficial.
- Tulsi leaf juice mixed with orange juice and applied on face removes acne.
Vomiting and Diarrhoea
- In case of vomiting Tulsi leaf juice with honey should be taken.
- In Diarrhoea Tulsi leaf juice mixed with roasted cumin seeds to be licked with honey three times a day to get the benefits.
- Tulsi leaf extract along with one spoon honey, taken every morning and evening removes headache permanently.
- Tulsi Tea helps to remove headache.
- Mouth ulcers and other infections are proven to be cured by use of Tulsi leaves.
- Dry Tulsi leaves mixed with Mustard Oil is used to clean teeth and remove bad breath.
- Tulsi tea removes ulcers of mouth.
- Basil helps to strengthen the kidneys. Kidney stones can be removed with the juice of Tulsi leaves (basil extracts) taken for 6 months with honey , consumed regularly in slips.
Menstrual Problems for women
- For painful menses, Tulsi seeds in a glass of boiled water, boiled till it remains half to be taken during menses to remove pain.
- Ten basil leaves, four to five black pepper and a teaspoon of honey mix all and with half a glass of water to be taken in winters to recover from all types of heart diseases.
- 4-5 Tulsi and neem leaf juice added in 2-4 tablespoon water, to be taken for 7 days in the morning empty stomach cures high blood pressure.
- Tulsi is a blessing in heart diseases, it also regulates cholesterol in blood.
Wounds, Injuries and Pimples
- Ground Basil leaves and make a paste and apply on wounds , stops bleeding immediately.
- Basil juice along with coconut oil , cook together on low flame till the tie it starts leaving oil, apply on pimples and leave.
- Basil seeds on grinding and applying hot fills the wound.
- Basil and camphor powder applied to wound dries it quickly.
- In Children’s common ailments such as colds, fever, vomiting, diarrhoea etc. basil juice is beneficial.
- Tulsi extract helps children in vomiting, diarrhoea, cough, cold etc
Precautions in using Tulsi
Tulsi’s nature is hot so to reduce heat effect always take it with curd or butter milk, its thermal properties will become mild.
- Do not pluck Tulsi leaves at Night because it may cause body disorders as it’s electromagnetic waves are prominent after sunset.
- Do not drink milk after intake of basil, skin problems can occur.
- Do not warm Tulsi juice with honey because with the hot objects honey acts as a venom.
- Milk , radish, salt, onion, garlic, meat, citrus fruits are harmful to eat along with Tulsi.
- Do not chew basil leaves with your teeth , if you do eat, be sure to rinse immediately because the contents present in Tulsi destroys the enamel of teeth.
Ref :: Holy Basil Tulsi by Yash Rai
Author :: Ritu Khanna (Homeopathic Practitioner)