In honour of Women’s Day, here are some inspirational happy women’s day quotes from powerful women that will uplift, empower, and inspire women across the globe.
International Women’s Day is celebrated globally on March 8th every year, and it is a day to honour and recognize the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. It is also a day to remind ourselves of the ongoing fight for gender equality and to celebrate the incredible women who have paved the way for us.
Happy Women’s day quotes
- “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer
This quote is a reminder that as women, we have the power to determine our own stories and that we should never let anyone else define us or our worth.
- “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
Madonna’s quote challenges the negative stereotypes that exist around ambitious women and reminds us that it’s okay to be assertive and go after what we want.
- “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.” – Serena Williams
Serena Williams reminds us that as women, we should support and uplift one another and that kindness and humility are important qualities to have.
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt’s quote is a testament to the resilience and strength of women and a reminder that we are capable of overcoming any challenge that comes our way.
- “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” – Audre Lorde
Audre Lorde’s quote highlights the importance of intersectionality in the fight for gender equality and reminds us that our freedom is intertwined with the freedom of all women.
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks’ quote is a reminder that courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the willingness to act in spite of it.
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyoncé
Beyoncé’s quote encourages women to take charge and become leaders in their own lives and in the world.
- “Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s quote highlights the importance of shared responsibility in creating a more equal world, and reminds us that gender equality is not just a women’s issue.
- “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
Amelia Earhart’s quote is a reminder that action is the key to success, and that we should not let fear or self-doubt hold us back from pursuing our dreams.
- “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey
Tina Fey’s quote is a reminder that sometimes we need to take a leap of faith and trust ourselves, even when we feel uncertain or afraid.
In conclusion, these inspirational quotes from powerful women remind us of the strength, resilience, and power of women. They encourage us to take action, support oneFollow Womenlines on Social Media