Womenlines would like to strongly recommend its readers to watch a documentary ‘The Playbook’ – Netflix Season 1!
The spotlight in this documentary turns to top coaches for various sports. With 5 episodes for around 30 minutes , The Playbook captures the mindset of 5 managers on their quest for success.
The Playbook shares about legendary coaches as they share the rules they live by to achieve success in sports and in life. Through emotional and in-depth interviews, each coach reveals the critical moments in their lives and careers that ultimately helped form their coaching philosophies.
Featured coaches include the Los Angeles Clippers’ Doc Rivers; two-time FIFA World Cup-winning coach Jill Ellis, the winningest coach in U.S. soccer history; Premier League’s José Mourinho, one of the most decorated football managers of all time; Serena Williams’ famed tennis coach, Patrick Mouratoglou; and hall of fame basketball player and coach Dawn Staley.
“What’s particularly inspiring here though is just how relatable these rules are and how they can apply to everyday life. Learning from mistakes, knowing when to break or play by the rules and even chasing what scares you are important life lessons to live by.”https://www.thereviewgeek.com/theplaybook-s1review/
Power Quotes from the Documentary-
- “I Don’t Think You Should Run From Pressure…” – Doc Rivers
- “Ubuntu Is A Way Of Life.” – Doc Rivers
- “You Don’t Win Big Things With Nice Guys.” – José Mourinho
- “I’m Not Coaching To Keep My Job, I Am Coaching What I Believe.” – Jill Ellis
- “Mountain Tops Are Small And The Air Is Thin For A Reason…” – Jill Ellis
- “What Is Delayed Is Not Denied…” – Dawn Staley
- “Growth Takes Place Out Of Your Comfort Zone.” – Dawn Staley
- “A Good Coach Can Never Be Afraid To Get Fired.” – Patrick Mouratoglou
- “Practice A Million Times, Until It’s Perfect.” – Patrick Mouratoglou