It is a pleasure to welcome Senior Physiotherapist Shubhangi Gaikwad from the United Arab Emirates as an Influencer for health and fitness at Womenlines panel. A Dedicated PT offering 7 years of acute-chronic care experience; a history of “exemplary” ratings on performance reviews; solid credentials that include, BLS/Dry needling/Manual Therapy certifications /certified FMT and a master’s degree in physical therapy in Neurology. Background includes work with paediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. In this month sharing, Shubhangi is sharing about key daily stretching routine to increase your fitness level-
Hello ladies !! hope the previous article had been beneficial for all of you. As we had already discussed the wrong postural habits and related pain, in this article you will get to learn the adaptive solutions along with few quick stretching which will definitely help you to maintain good posture and flexibility.
Tips to maintain good posture and avoid injury
• Stand in forward stance n keep transferring your weight from one leg to other.
• Keep your shoulder relax, consciously watch yourself.
• while cooking or doing any chore, stand straight without bending forward.
• Take care of wrist movement while kneading and rinsing, avoid extreme bending and rotations.
• Avoid slouching while sitting, use cushion behind your back.
• While lifting heavy utensil or grocery bags try to balance weights equally on both hands, take care of wrist while holding heavy stuff.
• Do proper time management for your work for the whole day to avoid stress.
Take out some time for yourself, to make you stronger and flexible not only physically but mentally too. Spending time for yourself benefits mind & body-
reboot your brain.
improve your concentration.
increases your emotional balance.
connect you better with your surroundings.
*Some quick stretches to maintain flexibility in your body*
Do take out just 20 minutes for yourself and feel the difference in yourself, this can be a first step for creating a Healthier World Around YOU.
Hold for 5 seconds & repeat all stretches for 5 times.
Note: if you have any medical issue consult your Physical therapist or physician before performing any exercises mentioned below.
Inner thigh & groin stretch
Hamstring stretch Gluteal stretch
If you have any questions or feedback regarding any fitness issues, do write to me.
Shubhangi Gaikwad, [email protected],
Follow Womenlines on Social Media