Womenlines values women’s health and is committed to publishing content that can help women to lead a healthy life. On the Occasion of World Osteoporosis Day to create awareness in womenfolk Womenlines is sharing valuable tips to prevent osteoporosis in women. These tips are shared by a health expert Taranjeet Kaur, Head Nutritionist & Program Manager- Metabolic Balance (India) from AktivHealth, an Advanced Physiotherapy Clinic in Delhi, India, treating Musculoskeletal, Sports Injuries, Neuro Conditions, & more. World Osteoporosis Day is observed annually on 20 October and launches a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness to prevent Osteoporosis, diagnose and treat osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease.
How to Prevent Osteoporosis in Women
- Exercise works on bones much like it works on muscles- it makes them stronger. Weight-bearing like stair climbing, squats etc .and low impact aerobics exercises are good exercises. Apart from strengthening, there needs to be flexibility also involved in the regime for overall bone and muscle health
- The best time to build bone density is during years of rapid growth. Our peak bone mass in maximum strength and density is achieved in our late twenties. Weight-bearing exercise during the teen years is essential to reach maximum bone strength. A teen’s physical activity should include 20 to 30 minutes of weight-bearing exercise at least 3 to 4 days each week.
- Inactivity causes loss of bones. With ageing and certain medications, bones become fragile causing a greater risk of broken bones, which can seriously limit mobility and independence. When you exercise regularly, your bone adapts by building strong bone and becoming denser. This improvement in bone requires good nutrition, including adequate calcium and Vitamin D.
- Keep a check on your Vitamin D and calcium levels from time to time. Have a diet that is rich in both calcium and proteins and spend 10-15 minutes in the sun every day.
- Maintain an optimum body weight, too light or too heavy both have a negative impact on the bones.
Team Aktivhealth has been working for many decades in the fields of Sports Medicine, Chronic Pain Management, Non-surgical management of Musculoskeletal Disorders, Rehabilitation of Orthopaedic and Neurologic diseases, Prior to, and/or post-surgical management. Team Aktivhealth brings decades of clinical knowledge from treating tens of thousands of patients, into their digital solutions which, closely resemble the interaction and the thought process between medical doctors, therapists, and patients/clients. The smart and efficient combination of these elements makes the program clinically superior, flexible, reliable, and very affordable. These strengths of ‘Aktivhealth Digital’ are of paramount importance in rehabilitation and the treatment of chronic conditions, where the recovery processes take several months to yield sustainable results.
Visit the Aktivhealth website to know more details about the clinic’s services!
Are you looking out for physical health, leadership skills, mindset health and image branding strengthening tools to be the best version of yourself? Subscribe to weekly free powerful updates of an online magazine Womenlines for free. Buy some interesting products for women from the Best Sellers page of Womenlines!Follow Womenlines on Social Media