The stage is all set for the ramp!
One day to go for our beautiful ladies to walk the ramp with their lovely kids or lover in Runway Mom/ Runway Lovers event, at an alluring setting of The Pavilion @ Far East Square, 28 China Street.Time from 5-10pm on 27th Aug, Saturday.
The journey for last 2 months has been very exciting. From registration process to other pre-events like fantastic ‘The Meet and Greet’ at Moshi Moshi Bollywood . This was followed by proper introduction between Dream Catchers team, sponsors and runway participants. Fun filled Party at Hive by Wala Wala was icing on the cake. It helped in breaking the inhibitions between the participants and many friendship bonds were strengthened. And then the final rehearsals has really created a buzz-
Shalima Motial has done a wonderful job of providing a platform to these wonderful and multitalented ladies to celebrate their achievements in life.
Here is the introduction about talented participants in their own words-
1. Soma Roy Ghosal : I am Soma, mother of one son and working as Corporate Administrative Executive in a Wealth Management Company. I have recently won Saree Queen 2015 at Bukit Panjang CC.
2. Pratik/ Dharini: I am a doting Mom, a passionate working professional, and an occasional homemaker. My loving Husband never forgets to get time for the family amid work pressure. I am totally spellbound by his loving and caring attitude.
3. Tania: I am the mother of a 19 months old son. I have been in Singapore for almost 3 years now and I would describe myself as a strong minded modern woman with traditional values. I believe in living my life to the fullest and nothing stops me to live my dreams and passion.
4. Sonal Sharma: I have recently gone back to a full-time job at Raffles Relocation & Mobility, after a sabbatical of almost 12 years. Balancing work and everything else fills up my entire day and I am so glad I have found a purpose I had been searching for. I enjoy acting, never thought of doing it before, however after 2 successful plays I feel I really enjoy theater.
5. Preeti Kachroo: She is a visionary, a philosopher, a philanthropist, a writer, a researcher, a blogger, dance enthusiast, yoga trainer and social worker. Besides donning the many hats, she writes her mind through #preetidiaries. Preeti is a founder, Director of Dance & Events Company, named “BollyOne”.
6. Pashmin Chopra Sood: I am Pashmin Chopra Sood Living in Singapore from last seven years . I did my post graduation in MBA finance stream and had an opportunity to work with some of the major Banks in India. Now I am a stay at home mom for my 4 years old Daughter Ashlyn.
7. Rashmi Hampihallikar: I am a Licenced Instructor for “Zumba Fitness” and “Zumba for Kids” and l love what I do. Prior to being a Zumba instructor, I have done my Bachelors in Nutrition and Dietetics and then my Masters.
8. Kartiki Kulkarni: I am a happy wife and mom of a teenage son. Personally, I would describe myself as an ambitious, caring and loving, friendly and happy individual with positive attitude.On the professional front, I used to work as a teacher but quit the job to give more time to family and explore my personal interests such as dance.
9. Nidhi: From cruising the sunny skies to juggling the demands of motherhood, life has come a long way. Although my path is sometimes unclear and journey not always fun, I am glad I have great companions to cheer me on. I am a researcher at NUS and enjoy yoga during leisure.
10. Archana Amlapure: Myself, Archana , an enthusiastic, always wanting to do and try different things in life, passionate about yoga, dance and a caring person. Professionally, I worked in software industry for about 12 years and now quit the job to explore the field of yoga and to be with my two growing kids.
11. Apsara Naiding Bodo: I am Apsara and am excited…because I am a simple and happy stay at home Mom of 2.6-year-old boy, extremely busy with him….landed here in Singapore 5 years ago.
12. Binita Anup Kumar: I am Mrs. Binita Anup Kumar. I originally hail from Assam but have been living in Delhi for the last 17 years, working as a teacher there. I shifted to Singapore with my husband and family in 2014. I like singing, gardening and watching Bollywood movies.
13. Seema Seal: I am an Indian staying in this beautiful city of Singapore for the last 2 years. Currently, I am pursuing a course in Travel and Tourism from IATA.I am married for the past 26 years and my husband works for a Maritime Organisation in Singapore. I am a mother of 2 beautiful teenage girls who have become my close friends over the years.
14. Devyani Tilak: Mum, wife, daughter, sister, friend and career woman are some of the roles I play in my life. Blessed with 2 lovely daughters and an amazing husband and family, I try to make a positive impact on every role. An alumnus of the prestigious XLRI Jamshedpur, and a career woman for 20 years dance.
15. Kalpana Kundan: Working as a senior executive & also the proud mom of a teenager. I came to Singapore 6 years back before that I was in USA for 5 years !Ramp walk with my beloved Son Suryansh is a great opportunity for me.
16. Smita Roy: Starting her career with technology giant Microsoft , Smita head’s the business for a cool cloud technology company called Rhipe. She also supports Divine Script,a nonprofit organization supporting Women from the marginalized sections of the society, who are often forced into prostitution as the only option of livelihood.
17. Poonam Sharma: For the most part of her career Poonam was facing the camera. She has been one of the well know faces on satellite television, anchoring news and sports-based programs targeted at Asian audiences.Poonam currently works for global media solutions company MediaGuru’ and drives it to foray in South East Asia,
18. Mehak Ankar & Misha Mainrai : From being a Radio Jockey in India & Singapore to An Entrepreneur running an events company Out of the Box Creationz, Life had been quite a ride for Mehak. Misha changed it overnight! 18months of sleepless nights and some amazing work projects in her kitty, Mehak likes to spend some quality time with family, especially with Misha in her initial years!
19. Aditi Pathak: Rahul and I moved to Singapore from London two years back and are now completely in love with this vibrant city. Having worked for several years in social care back in London, I now look forward to exploring new avenues in my life. I rekindled my love for oil painting and am currently embarking on a western art training course with NAFA.
20. Rupali Kavitha: Kavitha is an aspiring entrepreneur, managing 3 online businesses concurrently. She is a full-time senior staff nurse in Singapore General Hospital and manages her businesses during her off days and on weekends. She is the owner of an online exclusive murukku store called ‘Munchy Murukku’ and sells Indian snacks to individuals and has been the sole distributor for many MNC companies and famous restaurants such as ‘Komalas’ in Little India.
21. Kavita Thakral and Jagdeep Thakral:
Jagdeep – Works for the IHG group of hotels – currently GM at the Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre.
Kavita – Teaching French IB / AP. Worked at OFS, Singapore ( 5 years ) and International Schools in Cambodia n Penang prior to OFS.
Both of us love life king size!! Live it up with a passion for work, golf, tennis, swimming, diving, yoga, Pilates, music and dance.
22. Shirley Sivakumar : Shirley Williams is a self-driven woman. Happily married for 15 years, she is a proud mom of 3 handsome boys. She devotes most of her time away from work to her family which is where her passion developed further. She wanted to make a difference. That is when the Institute of First Aid Training evolved.
23.Mona Bishnoi: Let’s hear the daughter talk for a change:)
Hi, this is Pranita . We are living in this wonderful country Singapore for 2 years now . I am doing my MBA here . I love animals , dancing , cooking …
Our whole family lives here too. Dad is a marine engg. Working in a shipping company here . My mom Mona Bishnoi is an entrepreneur making crafts stuff from home . I am so excited about walking the Fashion Ramp organized by Dream Catchers with my lovely Mom
24. Ruby Mathur : Ruby says….I am married and a mother of a 14 years old boy. I have always been inclined towards style and trends so after schooling from The Air ForceSchool, Delhi, I completed my Bachelors and Masters in Textiles and Clothing from Delhi University and studied Fashion at the same time.I recently moved back to Singapore and looking forward to hosting events in Singapore. Excited about walking the ramp with my son!
25. Farah: I am Farha Tehseen, proud mom of two handsome boys. I moved to Singapore 10 yrs back and got opportunities to work as AVP with international banks in Singapore for past 8 years. Now I feel proud to be successfully raising my kids and spending my time with them when they need it most.
26. Pooja Bishnoi: I am a proud mommy to my wonderful 15-month-old baby boy Neil. He is the magic in my life and fills me with joy and anticipation each day as I get back from my full-time job . He can just about walk with support so what a star to be doing a ramp show before he can even walk?
27. Shalaka: Shalaka says I’ve been a homemaker for a couple of years now, before that I’ve worked intensively on interior designing as well as pursued my passion of becoming a yoga instructor. Apart from that, I play tennis and swim for pleasure. I don’t have a background in fashion but it’s always been on my bucket list.
28. Shashi Rastogi: I am Shashi, living in Singapore for past 10years with my darling hubby Amitabh Rastogi. I am blessed with two lovely daughters.
I was lucky to have had the opportunity, during my earlier years in India, to pursue my hobby of modeling. Other than being an ardent Mother, I assist my
Hubby in his new business venture.
29. Aditi Gupta: Aditi says as is mother, so is daughter! Arianna is the one who leads the mind and heart to make our life beautiful. Whether it is winning the Mrs. Global India Expat, Singapore 2015, doing photo shoots, walking runways, being a part-time model or working full-time, she is my greatest support and gives me strength to step ahead in everything.
30. Githa and Ravichandran: Being a Swimming Coach for over 13 years, I have trained students from beginner to competitive levels. Assist people that suffer from Arthritis, Back Pain, Slip-disc, Asthmatics & etc. with Aqua Aerobics I am married to my Superhero Ravichandran with 2 wonderful boys of age 4 & 2.
31. Archana Jain: A mother of ever smiling 17-year-old girl and an undemanding 13-year-old boy, Archana Jain is the founder of Arko, producing one of a kind artisanal jewelry. Her label’s jewelry will be shown on the ramp whilst models walk with elegance and grace.
32. Monika Narayanan: She is walking with both her girls & is Super excited to participate in the event.
33. Suman Kumari: Suman Kumari is walking the ramp with Runway Series the 2nd time. She is a motivational speaker & runs her own business despite being a busy mom of 3 wonderful daughters.
34.Priyanka Agarwal: Sheis looking fwd to walking with her Daughter Arsheeya & is excited to party after the fashion walk.
35. Rajrupa: Rajrupa says “My attitude towards life is very positive and I’m a good learner, always improving myself both in academics and real life. My sweet little daughter is now 19 months old, we share nice and precious time and steal fun on a daily basis.”
36. Anupama Murali: Anupama is an IT process consultant, yoga and meditation trainer for kids, teens and adults she is making a difference in the lives of others as an ‘Art of Living’ coach. She is married to a banker who pretends to be in her control but who by her own admission has had a strong influence on where she is right now – a happy and successful coach, mother and wife!
Dream Catchers is an online talent showcase company that organizes events as well! From cruising several airlines as an air hostess in my 20’s to being an entrepreneur with experience of running two companies Stepping Stones(Placement Company) and Dream Catchers,I have had the opportunity to learn a lot. Have PR experience as well plus a Fashion Designing background along with a Masters degree in English Literature, feel like a Jack of a lot of trades. Happily busy with Dream Catchers now since 5 years, check us out at www.dreamcatchersvision.com. I’ve been Blessed with a good life as I am a positive, happy person who loves to learn from everyone who comes in my life!
Veenu Kalra is the Stylist for the event & 2 Right Feet is the choreography company with choreographers named Hasika & Menka, who are training the participants to set the ramp on fire. There is a dedicated team of Bhagyashree, Meghna, Swati & Ujala behind the event & rocking Emcee Himani is going to add some excitement to the event by hosting it.
If you want to be part of the audience of this fun-filled evening, you can buy tickets @25$ There is a DJ dance party to Bollywood music and the photo booth with instant prints after the event. Call Shalima, 91855177 to enquire for tickets. Tickets are also available at the event.
Womenlines wishes all the best to all participants. Keep an eye at Womenlines page next week to know detailed report about the event!Follow Womenlines on Social Media