As an International Publication Partner, Womenlines is delighted to share about the upcoming summit Global Women’s Business Summit (GWBS) from 27-29 Nov by Confederation of Indian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (CIMSME)!
Building on the theme ‘Business Inclusiveness & Sustainability for Global Economic Empowerment’, the GWBS 2020 offers a global platform to influence policies and foster partnerships that further women’s positive impact. The Forum will engage over 5,000 attendees, including global leaders, experts, policy makers, successful entrepreneurs and startup mentors who will come together to educate, communicate and interact with our women entrepreneurs & delegates from across India and abroad to co-create a platform called GWBS- which would work with one single objective: to promote and support women entrepreneurship across the globe.
Global Women’s Business Summit with its overarching Theme of Business Inclusiveness & Sustainability for Global Economic Empowerment, shall have 4 sub themes:
1. Go Global
3. Women in Leadership
4. Inclusiveness & Sustainability
1. Go Global:
For the women entrepreneurs who are now looking to scale up, diversify, expand internationally or build global collaborations, our expert panel of International leaders shall share information and answer relevant questions such as:
- Where should you incorporate (eg: Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Delaware, California, Cayman Islands, etc.)?
- What structures are considered optimal for global investors (including PE/VC funds) to invest in?
- How do you structure intellectual property (IP), global operations and teams in a tax efficient manner?
- How do you deliver services, execute projects and access global markets while mitigating tax risks?
- What are the best practices in protecting your IP globally?
- What are the key legal and tax issues to be considered prior to exit, M&A or an IPO?
Womenomics, an idea that women’s economic advancement will improve the economy as a whole will be presented under this sub-theme. A theory that espouses a relationship between the growth of society and the advancement of women in that society. Therefore, It is critical that women across the globe participate in improving the national & global economy.
Our expert panel will bring key insights for all our delegates from the world of business and how women entrepreneurs can leverage the opportunities provided by business ecosystem such as banks, state and national policies, fund raising infrastructure so as to create a bigger impact on their own and country’s economic health overall.
The expert panel shall have senior members from banking, startup and policy making eco- system.
3)Women in Leadership:
- Are women seen as leaders irrespective of their gender?
- What goes on in a woman’s mind in her leadership journey?
- Was she encouraged to lead as a child?
- Did she have a role model?
- Is she offered appropriate support and development opportunities in a corporate/Business setting?
These are very relevant yet often unasked questions. There is no dearth of ambition among women, and according to reports, 6 in 10 of the professional women indicated, they aspire to be a senior leader of a company or the organization, and more than half aspire to serve on an organisation’s board.
It is to understand some of these influencing factors that become significant milestones for women in leadership and more, that the GWB summit shall bring together successful entrepreneurs, corporate and NGO leaders -to share their perspectives and examine the impact that female leaders can have on their organizations and its leadership
4) Business Inclusiveness & Sustainability:
They say Inclusive Business and Women ‘s economic empowerment go hand in hand.
World Economic Forum reported that the global gender gap had widened for the first time.This regression stands to hit women and girls at the Base of the Economic Pyramid (BoP) hardest, as many lack independent sources of income or decision making power for themselves and their families. Recognising the important role that inclusive businesses can play in mitigating this by actively engaging women across company value chains.
Inspirational national and International Leaders from Inclusive organisations shall interact with women entrepreneurs and delegates at the summit.
They will also share how their organisations have been involving women in their company’s core operations or value chains, thereby expanding women’s access to goods and services while creating more opportunities for their income generation and economic contribution.
The summit shall also aim to stimulate a dialogue with respect to UN Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) towards the following objectives:
- Achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable for women
- Decent Work and Economic Growth Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to and justice for all, build, effective and accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Quality Education Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
Are you looking out for physical health, leadership skills, mindset health and image branding strengthening tools to be the best version of yourself? Subscribe to weekly free powerful updates of an online magazine Womenlines for free.Follow Womenlines on Social Media