Womenlines takes pleasure to welcome Nalini Dheer from India as a guest contributor for ‘Healthy Recipes for Healthy You’ segment of Womenlines. Check out a healthy recipe of Homemade Garlic Bread –
Homemade Garlic bread, without yeast and with homemade white sauce filling with corn, capsicum and coriander. With a healthy dose of oregano and chilli flakes to satisfy the Dominos like garlic bread need!
*Ingredients and Steps*
1. Mix 1cup wheat flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda , 1tsp oregano/mixed herbs, 1 cup sour curd, 1 tsp oil.
2. Nicely mix the above ingredients and using 1/2 cup milk knead into a soft dough. Knead for about 7-10min to make the dough soft. Then coat with oil by drizzling on top and spreading by hand. Cover and keep aside for 1 hr.
The magic potion – Garlic Sauce
1. Mix 3-4 tbsp of butter with 1 tbsp grated garlic and finely chopped coriander. Nicely mix into a smooth paste
1. You can either make a thick white sauce with butter, all purpose flour and milk or you can use any cheese spread
Putting it together
1. Roll the prepared dough in a circular shape. The rolled dough should not be too thin or too thick.
2. Now evenly spread the garlic sauce leaving some space on the edges for folding
3. Over the garlic sauce spread a healthy dose of cheese or your version of thick white sauce
4. Sprinkle some oregano and mixed herbs.
5. Now fold the rolled dough into the shape of a garlic bread. You can imagine the dominos garlic bread while rolling and folding for the perfect size!
6. Now decorate on top with red chilli flakes and oregano.
7. Before baking just gently make marks where you will cut the pieces for it to bake well and for pieces to cut easily after baking.
8. Bake at 180deg for 15-20min! Enjoy!
Do like Insta Page’I am Oorja‘- for many more healthy recipes which can help you to boost your health!!
Nalini shares a passion for life and loves to express that through food. Nalini has travelled all over India and abroad with her husband who was a doctor in the Indian Army and now retired. Nalini has avidly experienced and learnt the cultures and food across India while travelling across the country as an Army wife. She also recently retired as a kindergarten teacher to enjoy the wonders of being a grandparent!
Nalini is now keen to build a community of like-minded folks with a focus on sumptuous tasty and healthy food through “Oorja”. She would love to share with busy mothers and busy households, the beauty of the dynamic Indian cuisine and western Indian variations. Her endeavour is to make her recipes crisp & concise that is quick to follow and healthy for today’s on the go modern woman.”
Visit – Oorja – https://www.instagram.com/iamoorja/?hl=en
Are you looking out for physical health, leadership skills, mindset health and image branding strengthening tools to be the best version of yourself? Subscribe to weekly powerful updates of Womenlines for free. Click https://184.108.40.206!
Follow Womenlines on Social Media