Welcome to ‘Success with Payal’ series at Womenlines!
Womenlines takes pleasure to introduce Payal Nanjiani, a US-based globally acclaimed inspirational speaker, leadership and success coach, as an Influencer for ‘Corporate Success Tips’ on Womenlines panel. Payal will be sharing exclusive content with Womenlines which can help women working in the corporate sector to develop leadership skills and success mindset. Payal will look forward to replying to queries from Womenlines readers too! Feel free to drop your questions in the comment section. This month read and listen from her about various strategies which can help women to get rid of fatigue and work with full energy –
I feel fatigued at work on any given day. What are the ways to be full of energy so I can do my job well?
If it’s a workday, chances are you hardly have any ounce of energy left by quitting time. There are many reasons for this; too little sleep, too much stress, work pressure and the feeling that you just can’t get enough done. And for women, I add in the housework, family and social responsibility. These are enough to drain anyone’s energy. To bring your energy level up focus on managing the energy, not time management. Below are five super powerful ways to enhance your energy. For starters, make a list of things that often drain you or consume most of your time. Now that you have this list, apply the below five techniques and see the change in your productivity and results.
- Worry less. By nature, women tend to worry about everything. Whether it is about children, spouse, food, family, friends, or office work. There is a difference between being concerned and worrying. While the former takes you more towards solutions, the latter is detrimental to your health and progress. Say to yourself, “Stop. This is a quick way to distract the mind and avoid building up waste thoughts that lead to worry. It will immediately break the worry chain and give you time to think more strategically.
- Stop Overthinking: Women have a tendency to overthink more than their male counterparts. Overthinking means you think more of what will happen wrong and this lets in fear which in turn reduces your capacity of thinking right. To overcome this habit of overthinking, don’t think of what can go wrong, but what can go right.
- Avoid being a perfectionist: Top of the class, faultless on the job, and award-winning partners, wives and mothers. Many women are worried about how they perform. Why do we want the ‘wonder women’ label on us? why is it so difficult to accept the fact that sometimes we underperform? One of the reasons is a lack of self-esteem. The first step here is to begin to fully appreciate your own worth.
- Stop saying YES to everyone: Your time is valuable and so is your energy. By saying yes, when you really wish you could just say no, you are giving your time and energy away. It’s really time that you make your peace with disappointing people. It simply comes down to one simple question: Are you going to chose you or them?
- Self Sabotaging: Women aren’t always aware of their own self-sabotage, or the damage it is causing, because the effects of their behaviour may not show up for some time. Self-sabotage is any action that gets in the way of your intent. Start identifying the root cause of your self sabotaging and self- reflect on the cause. It takes serious self-reflection to understand why you keep shooting yourself in the foot in the first place.
Energy can be replenished, but we need to invest in recovery so that we actually accumulate some more of it. Apply these five super-powerful techniques to conserve your energy and increase your focus.
Do listen to Podcast by Payal Nanjiani to get incredible tips on how to increase your work productivity-
Discover Incredible work done by Payal Nanjiani at https://www.payalnanjiani.com/
Follow Womenlines on Social Media