‘The Code of The Extraordinary Mind’ is an incredible book which in nutshell gives you step by step guidance for achieving success in life, which author has derived based on lives of the world’s most successful people he interviewed 200+ hours.
The author, Vishen Lakhiani, is the Founder and CEO of Mindvalley, a 200-person-strong company specializing in learning experience design and the digital education revolution. Lakhiani found that the human brain, like computer software, can be hacked. These laws were assimilated from his personal experiences, as well as insights from successful people like Elon Musk, Richard Branson, and Arianna Huffington.
In the book, Vishen explains 10 Unconventional Laws to redefine your life & succeed on your own terms. Here are the power quotes from the book which can redefine you –
- “The important thing is to realize is that no matter what these beliefs are, they become true because we act and think in accordance with them. But while your beliefs make you, your beliefs are not you. You can use conscious engineering to swap out old beliefs, swap in new ones, and take on understandings of the world that might serve you better.”
- “I firmly believe that we can bring health on this planet for the planet and the humans on it if we started educating the whole person with all their fundamental potentials and capacities and skills and stopped this fragmented, partial, broken system that we have now.”- Ken Wilber academic writer to Vishen.
- “The power to choose what we want to believe and what we want to disbelieve is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves.”
- “Instead of taking pills or engaging in healthy unhealthy habits to suppress our feelings, we can install systems to be free of them. What’s inspiring is how popular these new systems are proving to be- and how fast and powerful the transformations are. I call these systems transcendent practices. They include exercise on gratitude, meditation, compassion, bliss, and other practices that take you beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experiences.”
- “I used to wake up and the first thing I would do check my smartphone. Now I don’t do that. And just taking this time- sometimes it can be literally a minute to just looking ahead at my day and fill myself with gratitude for the blessings in life and set my intention for the day- it immediately takes away the urgency that we bring into our lives that create such unnecessary stress.” Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post sharing with Vishen.
- “Extraordinary minds are able to bend reality. They have bold and exciting visions for the future, yet their happiness is not tied to these visions. They are happy in the now. This balance allows them to move towards their visions at a much faster rate while having a lot of fun along the way. To outsiders, they seem “lucky”.
- “It turns out that our brains are literally hardwired to perform at their best not when they are negative or even neutral, but when they are positive. Yet in today’s world, we ironically sacrifice happiness for success only to lower our brain’s success rates.
I loved the definition by Vishen- “Most spiritual people in the world today are those who are doing things to push the race forward. To be extraordinary is to be connected to this spiritual aspect for you and to feel it move you to create, change, invent and rattle the world. Extraordinary minds do not need to seek validation from outside opinion or through the attainment of goals. Instead, they are truly at peace with themselves and the world around them. They live fearlessly-immune to criticism or praise and fueled by their own inner happiness and self-love.”
Promoting excellence in women!
Follow Womenlines on Social Media