How to get your child to eat vegetables and healthy food! That has always been challenging
While searching for guidance around I gathered some tips which I want to share with my friends-
1. Praise healthy choices.- Give your children a proud smile and tell them how smart they are when they choose healthy foods.
2. Don’t label foods as “good” or “bad.”Instead, tie foods to the things your child cares about, such as sports or appearance. Let your child know that calcium in dairy products give strength to their sports performance. Discuss the nutritional value of the food by relating to the benefits they will get.’
3. Give the kids some control– Ask your children to take three bites of all the foods on their plate and give it a grade, such as A, B, C, D, or F. When healthy foods – especially certain vegetables — get high marks, serve them more often. Offer the items your children don’t like less frequently. This lets your children participate in decision making.
4. Sit down to family dinners at night. If this isn’t a tradition in your home, it should be. Research shows that children who eat dinners at the table with their parents have better nutrition and are less likely to get in serious trouble as teenagers. Start with one night a week, and then work up to three or four, to gradually build the habit.
5. Keep healthy food at hand. Children will eat what’s readily available. Keep fruit in a bowl on the counter, not buried in the crisper section of your fridge. And have an apple for your own snack. Remember, your child can only choose foods that you stock in the house.
Promoting Excellence in Women!
Follow Womenlines on Social Media